Did you ever find out that something you thought was really important isn't?? It's kind of numbing and disenchanting. I hate that. I like to live in an enchanted life thinking everything that is important to me is just as important to everyone else. Oh well, what else can you do. There is no reason to be mad. You can't expect others to hold the same priorities as you, but you can blog.
This week was hard, but happy to see everyone. My grandma was my last one. I can sort of adopt JR's grandma as my own, but it's not the same. I wasn't able to see her right before we left but I was able to sing at her funeral and have a ring of hers that will always remind me of her. She's indescribable because there are so many sides to her and all of them were passionate, whether good or bad. I miss her a whole lot, but truth is she really hasn't been "here" for a year or two now. She was one of those people that I always expected to be around, and though it's very cheesy in a little way she always will be.
Seeing my family was great though, and seeing my extended family was stressful. It's weird that some people won't try to get along, it's as if fighting to them means more than showing a little bit of empathy. I don't know I just know that I don't get it, if any of you out there are like this and understand, please tell why?!? Let's just put it this way. I'm really glad I got the mom and dad I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment