Don't you ever wish your family was one of those lets get drumk on hte holidays sort of families. Well I do! We come from a good old fashioned Nazarene background, which basically means no drinking..period. My dad has a strong enough personality that I wouldn't dare to even try it in front of them. Besides this would make them worry and think that my soul was in peril and they would continue to talk to me about it and have worried looks on their faces when they weren't talking about it. So anyways we never have a big get together and share wine or beer and football. We just don't. We have soda and lots of cookies, while my dad watches some sort of old show that annoys me after about 15 minutes, too bad it's ussually an hour show.
But all that aside I love my parents and think they are great parents in all. I had fun with them and even though I was annoyed with a few of the shows my dad chose to watch all in all I had fun.
Jerrick was so cute this year. He helped everyone open their gifts, whether we wanted him to or not ;o). He passed out all the gifts and dove under the tree to get everyone their presents. He got TONS of toys. He has grown so fast the clothes size that I told my mom in October (and I guess big) may already be too small. hopefully we can exchange them. He wore his batman PJ's (or as he calls them bap ban) and teddy bear slippers all day. he played with grandma and grandpa all day and asked for them after they left.
JR got me awesome gifts. He got me the Q20 handheld game and it's pretty acurate I was impressed, it's lots of fun and I'm sure I'll play with it way too much at work! I also got my pretty pants and some playstation games from him as well as my sis. He also made me a book! yes I said MADE! It is so cute and really neet it's packed full of pictures from us and little sayings that he put in it. I LOVE IT. It was really sweet and made me cry a little bit too ;o)
JR liked what he got. I got him some wireless headphones, a playstation game, an onion calendar and a little statue from bub with a dad and son. My dad got him this huge tool set.
What was funny is that we ended up getting about 4 new playstation games and when we pulled out our playstation we have discovered that it's last leg had given out a while ago. So sad I really want to play these new games! haha oh well
We had a really good time and I made a great dinner too. the only thing missing was my sis, greg and her kiddos.
This Christmas we were able to give and give eachother a lot. I'm amazed at how we are doing from where we have been so far. I just want to thank God for this year of blessing and hope we can continue doing well.
4 comments:
At my in-laws, people drank all the time. Mimosas for breakfast, wine with Christmas dinner, and cocktails in the evening. While on one hand I get a bit bothered, I realize people like me better when they have some booze in them. My brother-in-law didn't speak to me all afternoon. By night time, he was just fine. *shrug* whatever it takes to keep the peace.
I think a little champagne makes everything better! :0)
Merry Christmas, love. I miss you soooo much. You don't even know. I'm happy you had a great holiday. I love you tons.
I'm glad you had a great Christmas...
We have to hang-out after I get back from New York (which is the 6th)...I have one more week of work before I officially move home.
haha now mom is worried about your soul. hiding beer in you daughters closet! shame on you. I was thinking dad drunk? Either he'd be super mean or that stick he's been carrying would finally pop out...oh shoot i'm going to burn.
LOL
Post a Comment