Sunday, December 04, 2005

Christmas time is here again

SO I love Christmas. But lately I've been super sad about it. It's getting really sad how much it doesn't point to Christ. The other day I went to Target for the sole purpose of getting one special ornament for the tree that had Jesus on it.

I came home empty handed.

I meen think about it. Target has about 3 aisles of ornaments. The only things I found that were even close were stars and angels. No Jesus. I was so mad. I have not gone on another search yet, but have been keeping an eye out and still thus far no luck.
I'm sure there are some out there and I just haven't looked in the right place. But this experienced opened my eyes to how much God is being weeded out :o( and how much more I need to make sure that he is not just a small part of, but is what our Christmas is about.

PS- did you hear the latest trend is to hang your tree upside down from the ceiling! I don't know if I believe this. At first I thought it was cool but supposedly it's to make more room for presents under the tree. Also very sad.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Check Hallmark. They might have something Jesus-oriented. Or, of course, the Christian bookstore. Oh! Or Hobby Lobby, since they are Christian-owned.

We are moving on Wednesday the 7th. My schedule with classes is so screwy that no one could probably even help if they wanted to. I have class and work, and I get to do everything else in the meantime. *Sigh* Just pray I don't go crazy.

Heather said...

10,000 villages is great because everything is fair trade. So it's not just some sweat shop ornament. Sometimes the prices reflect it, but it's a really great organization.